5.4 Yet Other Miscellaneous Operations
We further describe the other operations hard to categorize.
5.4.1 Security Certificate on Browsers
Since we need to access netLD server with HTTPS, security certification error is issued on a browser when you access the netLD instance. Ignoring the error and accessing netLD’s interactive interface via a browser is completely safe, but you can also issue and install SSL certificate to suppress the error message. While the operation is instructed with Internet Explorer, the similar method can also be applied to the other browsers like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Installing SSL Certificate
This instruction is for IE only. For the other browsers, refer to the guide provided by the browser vendor.
Start Internet Explorer browser and connect to netLD server, and select
Continue to this website (not recommended).
Click on the Certificate Error to open the error message and click on View certificates to start an installation.
Click on the Install Certificate button.
Click on the Next button
Select Place all certificates in the following store and click on the Browse button.
Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click on the OK button.
Click on the Next button.
Click on the Finish button to save the change.
Click on the Yes button to install the certificate in Security Warning dialog.
Click on the OK button to finish the wizard.
Click on the OK button to close Certificate dialog.
Restart Internet Explorer and access the netLD GUI again. Confirm that the Security Certificate error is not displayed.
Updating SSL Certificate
Follow the following steps to update the SSL Certificate after the netLD installa- tion. These steps are only for updating the SSL Certificate and are not required while upgrading netLD itself.
1. Change directory to the netLD install directory directory in a command prompt. e.g. cd c:ˇProgram FilesˇNet LineDancerˇJavaˇbin
2. Enter the following commands to delete the existing SSL certificate. keytool
-delete -alias ziptie -keystore ../../osgi-configˇ.keystore -storepass
3. Issue a new SSL Certificate with the following command. keytool -genkey
-keyalg RSA -dname "CN=netLD-server.logicvein.com, OU=Tech, O=LogicVein,
L=Kawasaki, S=Kanagawa, c=JP" -alias ziptie -keypass ziptie -keystore
"../../osgi-configˇ.keystore" -storepass ziptie -validity 3650
4. Finally, restart netLD service with net stop netld and net start netld.
Each key-value pair in the step 3 has the following meaning. Change the value appropriately.
• CN – Server FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name)
• OU – Branch name
• O – Company name
• L – City
• S – Prefecture, State
5.4.2 Software License Key
We do not provide instructions to upgrade a software license key from the eval- uation version to the paid full version, or to the superior version (even larger number of devices can be added) due to the security consideration. We provides the instruction only from the LogicVein technical support.
If you need further assistance or technical support about Net LineDancer, please fell free to contact below. We will be pleased to help you when you find any errors or ambiguities in this manual, or any questions regarding them as well. Please note that we are closed on weekends, national holidays, New Year and sum- mer holidays in Japanese time. We accept e-mails for 24 hours but we will only reply on those business hours.
Thank you for your cooperation.
LogicVein, Inc. Technical Support
5.4.3 Resetting Client Settings
You can reset the client setting. It resets the miscellaneous status such as the check boxes in the dialog.
1. Click on the current username located the upper right side of screen.
2. Click on the Reset client settings button and click on the OK button to save the change.
Figure 5.2.8: Software Update
Figure 5.4.1: Resetting the client settings.
5.4.4 Upgrading netLD
Also refer to the Sec. 5.2.9, p.205 (automatic update) section for a guide to run the automatic update via Internet. In this section, instead, we describe how to update your netLD from a binary installation.
1. Stop the netLD server first. The netLD service can be stopped from the system tray, Windows’ Service Manager, or via CUI. See Sec. 2.6 for details.
2. Save the latest netLD install program to the target server and double-click on the program to start. The following procedure is just the same as that of the initial installation, except for the minor changes:
• License registration does not appear.
• Installation directory is not asked and confirmed.
5.4.5 Uninstalling netLD
To uninstall netLD, follow the instruction below.
In the Windows’ Programs and Features dialog, select Net LineDancer
Enterprise from the Name list and click on the Uninstall button.
Then the following message is displayed to confirm the uninstallation. Click on the Yes button if you want to keep the configuration data of netLD or click on
the No button if you want to uninstall everything including all configurations.
If you choose Yes, the configuration is saved in the original installation directory. Moving/copying the directory to the other devices or servers will help you migrate to the other environment.
• Click on the Next button.
• Click on the Uninstall button.
• Click on the Next button.
• Select Restart Now option and click on the Finish button to close the uninstallation wizard.
Uninstalling Smart Bridge
The process is straightforward and same as uninstalling netLD.
1. In the Windows Programs and Features dialog, select Net LineDancer Smart
Bridge from the Name list and click on the Uninstall button.
2. Confirm the directory to delete and click on the Uninstall button to start the uninstallation process.
3. When uninstall process is completed, the following message will be displayed.
Click on the Close button to end this wizard.