LogicVein products are deployed as Virtual Appliances that run on VMware or Hyper-V. The article below covers these deployments.
≥ VMWare ESXi 6.5
≥ Hyper-V (Windows Server 2012 R2)
≥ 8 GB
HDD 1: 8 GB (system area)
HDD 2: 50 GB or more (data area)
(We recommend that you use the latest version of a compatible browser)
This is the deployment procedure for VMWare ESXi. The following example is for ESXi 6.5.
1. Login to Web UI, then click [Create/Register VM] from [Virtual Machines].
2. Select [Deploy a virtual machine from an OVF or OVA file], then click [Next].
3. After entering the virtual machine’s name, drag and drop the LogicVein VA .ova file, then click [Next].
4. Select storage, then click [Next].
5. Select Network and Disk Provisioning, then click [Next]. *For [Disk Provisioning], [Thin] is recommended.
6. Click [Finish].
After deployment is completed, please start the new virtual machine.
1. Start Hyper-V Manager and click [Action] → [New] → [Virtual Machine] to display the New Virtual Machine Wizard.
2. Enter a name for the virtual machine. If desired, change the storage location. Click [Next].
3. Select [Generation 1] and click [Next].
4. Set the [Startup memory] and click [Next].
5. Next to [Connection:] select a virtual switch for the network connection and click [Next].
6. Select [Connect virtual hard disk later] and click [Next].
7. Click [Finish].
8. Right-click the virtual machine you created and click [Settings].
9. Click [Processor] and change [Number of virtual processors].
10. Click [IDE Controller 0], select [Hard Drive], and click [Add].
11. Click [Browse].
12. Browse to where you saved the downloaded .vhdx files, select disk1.vhdx, and click [Open].
13. Repeat steps 10 to 12 to add disk2.vhdx.
14. Click the [+] next to [Network Adapter] and select [Advanced Features]. Add a static MAC address and click [OK].
After the deployment is completed, please [Start] and [Connect] to the virtual machine.
After starting the VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine, some network settings are needed. By default netLD receives its IP address and configuration from DHCP. Because DHCP only gives temporary IP addresses, or in an environment without a DHCP server, add a static IP address and configuration.
* All network settings are keyboard operations.
1. Type  to add a [Static IP Address].
2. Type  to select [eth0 (Primary)].
3. Enter the following items to match your network environment, and type [y] to save the setting.
Enter the desired hostname
Enter DNS name or IP address of the NTP server
Enter the desired IP address
Enter your subnet mask
Enter the default gateway IP address
Enter the IP address of your primary DNS server
DNS 2 (Optional)
Enter the IP address of your secondary DNS server
4. After saving the setting, the service is automatically restarted.